GOAL AND OBJECTIVES
St. Ambrose Catholic School is committed to the spiritual, intellectual, moral, social and physical development of its students. The following are goals for all St. Ambrose Catholic School students.
Spiritual Development: It is the goal of St. Ambrose Catholic School to teach the fundamentals of the Catholic tradition, passing on hope and faith while instilling the philosophy of the Gospel and the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Teach our Catholic faith
- Teach respect for other religions of the world
- Present school to wider community as a Christ-centered institution, proud of its Catholic identity and leading by example in daily life
- Daily prayer
- Weekly Mass
- Participate in traditional rituals, liturgies, and sacraments of the Catholic Church
Intellectual Development: It is the goal of St. Ambrose Catholic School to promote academic excellence in a structured environment, offering a challenging curriculum, while creating a community of life-long learners.
- Course of study offers intellectual challenge and maintains superior standards of academic excellence
- Curriculum prepares students to live in a technological society
- Curriculum fosters growth and development and the creativity of students
- Curriculum develops higher order thinking skills
Physical Development: It is the goal of St. Ambrose Catholic School to teach the importance of healthy physical development according to God’s plan.
- Provide athletic programs and Physical Education programs for physical and social development
- Develop healthy lifestyles
- Develop healthy attitudes regarding drugs and chemical substances
Moral Development: It is the goal of St. Ambrose Catholic School to teach morality according to Catholic religious truths and Catholic values where self-discipline, respect and responsibility are taught and lived.
- Provide opportunities for moral decision making based on a Catholic lifestyle
- All members of school community show self-discipline and respect for one another
- Provide opportunities to share knowledge and gifts with others
- Develop students’ self-confidence
Social Development: It is the goal of St. Ambrose Catholic School to interact as a Catholic community while nurturing individual talents and encouraging use of their gifts in service.
- Emphasize that we are the Body of Christ – called to be united
- Adults model and teach skills needed to build and live as a faith community
- Promote active interaction between school and Church families
- Provide faith-sharing opportunities for faculty, staff, students, and parents
- Educate students to assume roles as active and responsible citizens in an interdependent world
- Encourage parental involvement and voluntary fund-raising activities to increase commitment to the school and Church
Community and Service: It is the goal of St. Ambrose Catholic School to teach and model a connection to one’s community and to develop a desire to serve, especially to the less fortunate.
- Acquire skills, virtues, habits of heart and mind required for service
- Service is seen as a way of life and a path to God
- Each student to be responsible, responsive, compassionate and empathetic to the feelings and needs of others
- Curriculum includes study of Catholic Social Teaching
- Curriculum includes study of issues challenging our world, and exposes students to problems of oppression and injustice
- Provide programs which enable each member of school community to be engaged in service for others